Directions to Mathewson Farm
by bicycle from the westside:
- from Olneyville Square take Manton Ave. to Aleppo St. at the BigTop, or Atlantic Mills, I think it’s called.
- take a left onto Aleppo, and left again onto the Woonasquatucket Bike Path. (although it is spelled differently on the sign)
- After about 1/2 mile, the bike path will be closed for construction. Follow the “bike path detour” signs: take a right where it closes, onto Sheridan St. up a short hill, and then go left on Manton Ave. for another 1/2 mile. Just after Riverdale St., take a left back onto the bike path.
- Follow the path into Johnston to the end, which is Lyman Street. Go up the hill, there’ll be a flower shop on your right. Cross the street and continue up the hill on Greenville Ave. Conti’s will be on your right. You will pass Baffoni’s poultry/paving/excavating and Dimeo’s farm on your left.
- After about a mile you come to the intersection of Rt.5 Atwood Ave. and Greenville Ave. Keep going straight. The first house you see on the left is the Mathewson’s, 544 Greenville Ave. There’s little sign. The house is white, and there’s a beautiful barn behind it. You should be able to find us from there.
by car, from providence
take Rt.6 west. after the Killingly St. exit there’s a “6a Johnston” exit. That’s the easiest one. It lets you off on Hartford Ave. At the exit go right. Follow Hartford to the intersection with Atwood Ave., Rt.5. (you’ll see Bond Plaza on the left) take a right on Atwood Ave. Follow it for about a mile and a half, past the library and the car dealers and the new Walgreens, past Heywood Farm, to the end. At the end, take a left. The Mathewson’s is at 544 Greenville Ave.